The weekend is a great time to get together with family and friends, perhaps with a BBQ on the beach or a
picnic at the park. And a cake is always the perfect item to share at these gatherings.
Today we’d love to introduce you to a deliciously creamy and smooth Matcha and Lime Cake with Strawberry and Coconut from the super talented Ida Ginman from @mymessyeatery.
Ida is a 21-year old girl who was born and raised in Finland. She lives in Sydney where she has a big interest in vegetarian and vegan foods. She loves to get creative in the kitchen whenever she has time to spare - check out her creations:
My Messy Eatery’s instagram
My Messy Eatery’s blog
Ida’s recipe creates a sugar free and dairy free cake using nothing but raw and vegan ingredients. This means it doesn’t need to be baked, making it easy to prepare for a party.
The secret ingredient - avocados - are an excellent source of vitamin E, omega-3 and other nutrients that also gives the cake a creamy, smooth texture.
Ok, let’s just get down to business.
Matcha Lime Cake with Strawberry and Coconut
- 1 cup of pitted dates (soaked)
- 2 cups of shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup coconut oil (melted)
- juice of 2 limes
- 2-3 tbsp brown rice syrup (depending on your preferred sweetness)
- 2 large avocados (or 3 small ones)
- 1 heaped tsp of Kenko Tea Matcha powder
- pinch of salt
- Combine the base ingredients in a food processor until reaching dough-like consistency
- Press the dough into two 10 x 5cm (W x H) mini cake springforms to set the base
- Blend all the matcha layer ingredients until smooth and creamy
- Adjust the sweetness to your preference
- Pour that over the base
- Sprinkle shredded coconut and/or lime peel on top
- Let the cake set in the freezer for 1-2 hours or until firm
- Top with fresh strawberries and Enjoy!
Try this raw vegan cake recipe on the weekend and let us know how you love it.
If you love this recipe, please don’t forget to