It seems you can get matcha green tea flavored everything in Japan. And Green tea KitKats are just the start.
There's Matcha Beer & Matcha Oreos
Even Mcdonalds is getting in on the action with Matcha green tea flavored Mcflurry and Milkshakes
So I decided to make a Matcha Green Tea KitKat Milkshake. If you're not in Japan, you can find matcha Kitkats at plenty of Asian grocers or even order them from Ebay. They are a little pricier than the regular chocolate ones but worth it if you like matcha!
Here's my Recipe:
Prep Time: Two minutes if you're as fast as me
- 5g of Matcha tea powder
- 2 Scoops Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1/2 Cup Full Cream Milk
- 3-4 Matcha KitKats
- Sift and dissolve the matcha powder in a little warm water
- Add Milk, Matcha Powder, Ice Cream and Kitkats into Blender
- Blend until smooth and pour into a glass
- Crush up some remaining KitKats and sprinkle on top with a little bit of matcha powder
The end result:
Now a matcha KitKat milkshake is not the healthiest thing you could make with matcha powder, but it tasted great! Super sweet with plenty of green tea-y goodness. The crushed Kit Kats on top added some texture and crunch as well. Give it a try!
Have any more favorite matcha recipes? Leave a comment below or on our amazing facebook.