If you are looking for exclusive treats that are simple yet fun to bake, we have the perfect recipe here for ya!
This delicious cookie recipe is one you’ll want to whip up this weekend… presenting the fudgy Matcha Tea Crinkles by the lovely Nathaim Denly from @natsooonice
Nathaim Denly is from the City of Love, Iloilo in the Philippines. A physiotherapy graduate currently studying towards her board exam next year, Nathaim spends much of her free time looking for ways to incorporate matcha into different dessert recipes.
Nathaim’s matcha krinkles (or crinkles) are inspired by one of her favorite childhood treats - chocolate crinkles. Popular in the Philippines, crinkles are soft, fudgy cookies coated with fine powdered sugar.
These innovative matcha crinkles have the same soft fudginess to them, with the added earthliness of matcha. The outside crust is slightly crisp while the inside is moist and gooey. The treats are then rolled in powdered sugar to create luscious green tea matcha crinkles.
Matcha Green Tea Crinkles
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tbsp matcha powder
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup cooking oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 cups confectioners sugar
- Combine together flour, salt and baking powder till well mixed
- In another bowl, mix thoroughly the sugar and the matcha powder.
- Mix in eggs, oil and vanilla extract into the matcha sugar mixture until it is fully combined.
- Combine well the flour mixture to the matcha-egg one.
- Chill the batter for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Divide the chilled dough into any desired size.
- Roll them in confectioners sugar.
- Bake at 350F (177C) for 12-13 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool down before serving. Enjoy!
Prepare to impress your loved ones with these sweet treats. Happy baking and enjoy the weekend!
Want to share love with Kenko Tea? Here’s what you can do: