A new month has brought us a new matcha video recipe to try.
This week’s challenge is the most loved breakfast choice at Kenko Tea. With a twist of healthy ingredients like matcha and poppy seeds, you can make yourself a healthy, yet still delicious, breakfast to start your day.
Let’s bring it: Vegan Matcha Poppy Seed Muffins by our favourite recipe maker Tess Begg.
Tess is passionate about vegan foods and has created many delicious recipes over the years.
She is also a fan of Kenko Matcha and has had created numerous vegan matcha recipes for us in the past. You can check out Tess and her awesome creations at:
Tess’ muffins are the healthy choice for breakfast as the ingredients are unrefined, dairy-free and vegan. They are also easy to make. The matcha muffins are moist and fluffy, with the nuttiness of poppy seeds and the mild sweetness of matcha green tea. You’ll definitely love them for breakfast or whenever you crave something sweet and healthy.
Vegan Poppy Seed Matcha Green Tea Muffins
- 1/2 cup unrefined cane sugar, or substitute for any sugar
- 1/4 cup brown rice malt syrup, or substitute for any syrup, except honey
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 3 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp baking soda, or substitute for baking powder
- 1 tbsp matcha powder
- 1 tbsp almond milk, or substitute for any dairy-free milk
- Beat the sugar, malt syrup and banana until combined
- Mix in the flour, poppy seeds, baking powder and matcha
- Add the milk and mix until incorporated
- Pour the batter into muffin cups lined with parchment paper
- Sprinkle some poppy seeds on top
- Bake for 20 minutes in a preheated oven at 180°C
- Top with melted vegan chocolate and ENJOY!
And there you have it - delicious aromatic and gorgeous green muffins to start your day with.
Below is the video recipe for you to see how they are made. Enjoy baking!
Would you love to see more recipes from us? Here’s what you can do to get more: