Ever thought of combining two of Japan’s favorite foods - sushi and matcha?
Surprisingly, you can actually integrate matcha green tea with your sushi, producing a unique combination of Japanese flavors.
So, forget about the chicken pasta or mac ‘n’ cheese for dinner tonight, and try something different! Grab your sushi mat and get ready to roll some fun.
This creative recipe has been put together by Ina Seyer froma @ina_goesfitdiary. Ina is 36 years old and lives in northern Germany. She loves both matcha tea and sushi, which inspired her to come up with this unique combination. Ina is a lover of healthy food and an experienced BBG and you can take a look at her awesome masterpieceshere.
Ina’sVegan Avocado Matcha Sushi is super easy to make, but you do need a little patience when rolling the sushi. The Green Tea Sushi Roll combo consists of vegetables and tofu, creating a light dinner or lunch option. But if you would prefer to have your sushi with fish, you can always swap out some tofu for salmon.
Vegan Avocado Matcha Sushi Rolls
- 250g sushi rice
- a bit rice vinegar
- a bit matcha powder
1- 2 carrots,washed then 2-min boiled in salt water
- 1 zucchini, washed
- 1 avocado
- 1 block tofu
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 4 nori sushi sheets
- Cook sushi rice with rice vinegar in a rice cooker .
- Mix the cooked rice with the matcha powder until uniformly green.
- Cut carrots and zucchini into thin sticks.
Cut tofu into long strips.Optional: boil or fry if you prefer cooked tofu.
- Evenly spread matcha rice entirely on the nori sheet, leaving 2-cm margin at the front end.
Lightly press a line in the middle of the rice.Keep your hands wet while work with sushi to avoid the rice sticking to hands.
- Place the vegetables and tofu sticks on the rice.
- Carefully roll with the bamboo mat, holding it tightly and firmly.
- Slice the avocado into thin slices and place them on the sushi roll.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top.
- Cut the roll into 6-7 pieces, place on plate for serving!
This is the perfect recipe for a healthy lunch or dinner. Have fun rolling!
Let’s show love to Kenko Tea by: