Now I just realized in all this time making matcha recipes I've never made a matcha green tea cake. I've made matcha smoothies, green tea ice cream, matcha lattes but no cake!
So when I discovered Chris' Matcha cake recipes I decided it was about time to make one. This recipe is a combination of two recipes - aMatcha Smoothie cake and aRaw Matcha Coconut Cake. With my own spin including avocado and mixed berries to garnish. It is raw, vegan, gluten free and completely delicious.
This recipe makes 2 Small Matcha Cakes or 1 Large Cake
- 2 Medium Cake tins (or 1 large)
- Cling Wrap
- 1/2 an Avocado
- 1/2 Cup coconut milk
- 1 Small Banana
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Mango
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 Tsp Shredded Coconut
- 10g Cooking Grade Matcha Tea
- 1/2 Cup Dried Dates
- Small handful Almond Slivers
1 Tbsp LSA mix or similar
- 1 Tbsp Shredded Coconut
- Mixed Berries and fruit to garnish
- Line your cake moulds with some cling wrap.
- Add dates and almonds and LSA to you blender - mix until it becomes combined well and like a thick paste. Add to your cake tins and use your hands to push down firmly until you have a solid base.
Set aside and wash your blender as you will need for the filling
Throw all filling ingredients into a blender and blend create your mixture. It should be like a thick smoothie at this stage.Taste for flavor, if it needs some more sweetness you can add some agave or honey to suit your tastes.
- Pour in your filling mixture until the top of the tins - shake the cake tins gently to spread it out evenly and create a flat top of the cake.
- Put in the freezer for 1-2 hours - depending on thickness of your cakes. It should be chilled and become firm, but not completely frozen. I left one in overnight and it was rock hard the next day.
- Remove from cake tins and serve immediately.
After being in the freezer for about an hour - The outside is firm while the center was still gooey. I ate it like this.
(I left one in the freezer overnight and it was rock hard the next day - so I made a matcha slice)
There - one delicious, healthy, raw, vegan, gluten free matcha green tea cake. If you make one of your own, please leave a comment below.
For more recipes please join the mailing list below or join our Facebook Page.