Pine Lime Matcha 'Splice' Cake Recipe
It’s Friday, which means the weekend is almost here!
To make your time off healthy and fun, we’ve come up with a brilliant matcha driven recipe from the lovely Miss Nicola Brown AKA Nourishing Nicola: Raw Matcha Pine Lime 'Splice' Ice-Cream Cake.
Nicola is a Sydney-based foodie with a passion for healthy, natural, unprocessed, plant-based meals. For more delicious raw, vegan and healthy recipes, check out Nicola at:
This soft and smooth matcha pine lime splice cake ticks all the boxes; it’s clean, vegan, raw, gluten and sugar-free, and super delicious version of of everyone's childhood favourite - the classic Australian 'Street's Pine Lime Splice' icy pole.
Combining the tangy taste of fresh pineapple and lime and the vibrant taste of matcha, this recipe will refresh your mind and boost your energy after the working week is done.
(Everyone's Favourite Childhood Ice Cream)
With the tangy taste of fresh pineapple and lime and the vibrant taste of matcha, this vegan cake will refresh your mind and body, as well as boost up your energy after the long week of work!
This is definitely a perfect, easy-to-make vegan ice-cream cake for the weekend. Let’s check out how she made it ;)
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup raw almonds or any nut of choice
- 5-6 medjool dates (soften in warm water for a few minutes)
2. Pineapple / Coconut 'Ice-cream'
- Blend all ingredients in food processor until a sticky mixture forms
- Spread into the base of a round small cake tin (lined with baking paper)
- Place in fridge
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup pineapple (chopped)
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup
3. Lime + Matcha Splice
- Blend the cashews first until a smooth dough, like ball forms
- Then, blend it with other ingredients in food processor until smooth and silky
- Spread over the base layer and place in freezer for approx. 30 min before adding top layer
- 2 juiced limes
- 1/2 cup raw cashews soaked overnight
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 2 Tbs rice malt syrup
- 2 Tbs Kenko Green Tea Matcha
- Again blend cashews first follow by other ingredients and spread over middle layer
- Freeze for a few hours before serving :)
What a beautiful looking ice-cream cake – and it’s healthy so you can enjoy it guilt free!
If you enjoy this recipe, please don’t forget to:
Happy weekend <3!