Cookies are one of the simplest recipes make. You can get creative with the shapes and flavors, adding whatever toppings tickle your fancy, like nuts, seeds, chocolate chips or dried fruits.
And now, for the new week at Kenko Matcha, we have a recipe you’ll want to add to your baking list - Homemade Chocolate Chip Matcha Cookies by Ivy Lim from @ivylim.inc.
Ivy is 34 years old. She loves food and arts including poetry, photography and music. Ivy began baking about a year ago and has since developed a passion for it, finding it a great stress reliever.
Ivy’s matcha cookie recipe is adapted from Amie’s Youtube video Snowy Winter Cafe. Matcha cookies are not a new thing, yet they never get old when you’re craving a quick homemade treat.
These cookies are delicious, with a wonderful addition of chocolate chips. And who doesn’t like chocolate in their cookies? These will not disappoint.
Matcha Green Tea Chocolate Chip Cookie
Yield: 18 medium sized cookies
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tsp matcha green tea
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ - 1 cup chocolate chips
- Sift the baking soda, green tea matcha and salt into the flour.
- Whisk to incorporate the dry ingredients.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter until creamy.
- Add in the sugar and cream together until pale.
- Crack in the egg, continue to whisk till combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients and fold with a spatula until forming a soft dough.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop out a tablespoon of dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350F for about 8-9 mins
- Let the cookies cool before serving.
Enjoy these toasty and tasty Matcha Chocolate Chips Cookies with a glass of milk, or stack them on top of your favorite ice cream.
If you love our recipes, please don’t forget to: