Have you ever had mousse pie? You’re in for a treat - this mousse pie is not only so easy to make but also super delicious, as the soft layer of mousse custard perfectly compliments the rich and crunchy crust. Add in the earthly amazing matcha, and it’ll blow your socks off.
Patricia Lievens aka @miss.plove is our special guest today with her delicious Matcha Low-fat Mousse Pie.
Patricia hails from the Netherlands and is a self-taught cook who has huge passion for healthy food and fitness. You can follow Patricia to see more her lovely recipes here.
Patricia’s matcha pie is sure to become a firm favourite when it comes to healthy dessert recipes. It’s high in protein and low in fat and sugar, so you won't need to worry about your waistline to enjoy it.
Beside being healthy, the green tea pie is super easy to make and so delicious. And you’ll soon discover that the mousse is so silky, one slice of pie will not be enough.
Healthy Low-fat Matcha Mousse Pie
- 40g oatmeal
- 20g nuts and seeds (I used linseed, pumpkin seeds and walnuts)
- 1 tsp honey
- 40ml water
- 1 tbsp speculaas spices (or sub with cinnamon)
- 400g low fat yoghurt
- 2 tsp Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp of Matcha powder (more or less based on your preference)
- 1 tsp protein powder with banana/strawberry taste
- 4 gelatine sheets
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C
- Mix the oatmeal, nuts and seeds, honey and water until combined and hold together
- Press the mix into the baking mold to form the base and side of the cake.
- Bake the base in the oven for 15 mins.
- Let it cool down once it’s done.
- Meanwhile, soak the gelatin in cold water for 5 mins.
- Heat 3 tsp of the yoghurt in a pan and then pour the gelatine in the same pan.
- Mix constantly until creamy.
- On a separate bowl, mix all other ingredients until incorporated
- Pour in the warm yogurt.
- Continue mixing until forming a green custard
- Transfer it into the prepared baking mold.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours until the pie is stiff.
- Once it’s ready, serve and enjoy!
Bake this matcha green tea pie and you’ll have everyone at the dinner table in awe!
Love to see more awesome recipes? Don't forget to: