This week, we have Double Matcha Green Tea Mille Crêpe Cake shared by Monica Shih, aka @m_____hsin
Monica is an architecture student and matcha lover. She has a big interest in food and enjoys baking desserts to share with friends. Although she is not a professional baker, Monica’s desserts are outstanding and impress all those who have the good fortune of enjoying them.
Beside baking, Monica is passionate about travel, art and photography, exploring new places and documenting her experiences on social media. You can visit Monica and her journal of food and travel here.
Monica’s mille crepe is a simple and heart-melting dessert for your family and friends. Many thin layers of bittersweet matcha crepes are stacked together with a soft green tea cream, creating a fluffy and sweet cake perfect for breakfast or dessert.
The double matcha flavors will undoubtedly fulfill your matcha cravings!
Green Tea Matcha Mille Crepe Cake
Yields 23 crepes
Matcha crepe batter
- 650g milk
- 240g low-gluten flour
- 80g sugar
- 4 eggs
- 10g matcha powder
- 50g unsalted butter
Matcha cream filling
- 2 tbsp liquid heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp matcha powder
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Mix all the batter ingredients until well combined.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Pour about a tbsp of the batter onto a flat pan.
- Cook on both sides, making a number of pancakes until the batter is finished.
- Adjust the temperature accordingly for each batch, making sure the crepes are evenly thin.
- Mix the heavy whipping cream + matcha until well mixed and no clumps are visible.
- Fold the matcha mixture into the whipped cream until incorporated.
- Stack the crepes and layer with matcha cream between each crepe.
- Refrigerate for three hours before serving.
This soft, rich and fluffy double green tea mille crepe cake is the perfect choice for a special dessert tonight.
Love this recipe? Then don’t forget to: