Everyone loves cookies! They’re small treats you can bring to work, school, a picnic or party. Cookies come in different varieties like oatmeal, peanut butter or chocolate chips… and what they all have in common is that they taste delicious.
Well, let’s just forget about those cookies for now. This week we’d love to introduce a different kind of cookie that will definitely impress everyone, and also taste delicious:Matcha Green Tea Cookies byGrace E. Jones.
Grace is a full-time professional photographer based in Ohio. She is a passionate adventure seeker who always wants to find new places to go and challenges to do.
In her free time she loves to bake, cook and learn about food in general. She always says if photography hadn’t found her first, the kitchen would have. You can check out Grace and her photography and baking works at:
Grace’s cookies are inspired by thisFood & Wine recipe. She has adapted it a little to make the recipe more original. The earthy green tea cookies are so easy to make and produce soft, delicious and aromatic sweet treats to share with everyone.
Matcha Green TeaCookies
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp fresh ground cardamom (I like a little more)
- ¾ cup of coconut sugar
- ⅔ cup of melted coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ½ tbsp matcha powder
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, fresh ground cardamom in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the coconut, sugar, melted coconut oil, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Mix the matcha powder with 1 or 2 tablespoons of water until a thin paste forms.
- Take all of the wet ingredients and mix them into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Squish the cookies into balls of dough and space them two inches apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Put in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Set the oven to 350F.
- Bake the cookies for around 10 minutes. The cookies will be done when the bottom of them turn a light brown and they are springy to touch.
- Let the cookies cool completely on a cooling rack.
A batch of toasty and yummy Matcha Tea Cookies are waiting to be served! Enjoy baking and - eating!
Still with us? Then, please don’t forget to: