It’s Valentine’s Day, so let’s fill our kitchens with love hearts, because what could possibly be more charming than baking a batch of cookies for your partner?
The recipe of the week is Valentine’s Green Tea Almond Heart-shaped Cookies, and has been created by our new special guest, Angeline Tay aka @angelinetme!
Angeline loves to travel and when she’s not off on an adventure she takes joy in baking different recipes. Angeline frequently shares these creations on her instagram, which you can check out here.
Angeline’s heart-shaped matcha cookies are super simple to make. All you need to do is mix the ingredients together and pop the mix into the oven. The almonds add a nutty taste and create a sweet aroma, complementing the semi-sweet matcha green tea flavor.
These soft luscious Matcha Almond Heart Cookies will certainly melt your loved one’s heart!
Valentine’s Almond Matcha Heart Cookies
Adapted from Guaishushu
- 225g plain flour
- 100g almonds or your choice of nuts, chopped
- 100g butter
- 80g icing sugar
- 1 egg
- Pre-heat the oven 290 F (145 C).
- Cream the butter until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and beat until well mixed.
- Add the chopped almond, sift in the plain flour and matcha powder.
- Stir until well mix and form a dough.
- Roll out the dough to 1-cm thick
- Use the heart-shaped cutter to make heart cookies.
- Bake for 30-35min or when the rim of the cookies turned slightly golden brown
Bake these tasty matcha almond cookies and make this Valentine’s Day an unforgettable one!
If you enjoy the recipe, please continue to support us by: