Christmas and New Year, our most favorite times of the year, are just around the corner. And in preparation, we’ve decided to fill up our site with awesome matcha desserts in preparation for the festive season.
This week we have a new matcha recipe that will make a delicious and healthy breakfast. Let’s meet our new guest, Tania Covarrubias from@tania_covavegan, and herVegan Green Tea Matcha Donuts.
Tania is a health coach in training and enthusiastic vegan. She is passionate about healthy and clean eating and living a plant-based lifestyle, and loves to share her healthy tips and recipes on social media. Check out Tania and her vegan journey onInstagram.
What makes these decadent vegan matcha donuts good for us is that they are freshly baked with different types of protein-rich seeds, antioxidant packed matcha, and other health-giving ingredients. There isn’t any sugar, oil or dairy used in the recipe either - so you can snack on these delicious treats for breakfast without feeling any guilt.
The donuts consist of three kinds of healthy seeds; flaxseeds, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, which are packed full of protein and healthy fats, creating a nice texture and toasty flavor. The chocolate part of the recipe will also satisfy any sweet tooth.
Vegan Matcha Chocolate Glazed Donuts
Makes five regular sized donuts
- 1 cup organic all-purpose flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp himalayan salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp mixed ground flaxseeds, sunflower & pumpkin seeds and 3 tbsp of water
- 3 tbsp organic coconut oil, melted
Glazing (3 flavors)
- Vegan white chocolate, melted
- Dark chocolate (>75% cocoa), melted
- Matcha: 2 tsp matcha + ½ cup vegan white chocolate + 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (177 C).
- Mix the almond milk and cider vinegar until well combined, setting the mix aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine the flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a mixer until well mixed.
- Add the vanilla, seeds and water mixture, and coconut oil to the milk and apple cider vinegar mixture.
- Stir well and pour into the flour mixture, mixing for three minutes until a smooth batter forms.
- Pour the batter into the donut baking molds.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the donuts are dry and cooked through, but not brown.
- Let the donuts cool for at least 30 minutes before decorating.
- Prepare three glazes by melting the white and dark chocolate separately and mixing the matcha mix for the matcha glaze.
- Once the donuts are cooled, dip them into each glaze and decorate them how you please.
Enjoy these sweetly delicious and healthy matcha mixed seed donuts for breakfast or dessert.
Love the matcha awesomeness? Get more recipes by: