Happy Matcha Monday ☺
Let’s start the week with a beautiful looking and blissful tasting matcha creation – we don’t call it Matcha Monday for nothing!
Today we’re going to show you how to makeMatcha Glazed Lemon Yogurt Bundt Cakeby Charlene aka @yellowfingers.
Charlene is a baking enthusiast from Singapore, who loves travelling and hunting down awesome cafes wherever she goes. Her culinary adventures can be seen here:
Charlene’s Lemon Yogurt Bundt Cake is coated with a smooth and dulcified Matcha glaze. The zesty flavors of the lemon and yoghurt cake pairs perfectly with the bittersweet flavor of the matcha chocolate glaze.
It almost looks too good to eat. Nah! Just kidding – let’s get baking so we can get eating! ☺
Matcha Glaze + Lemon Bundt Cake
- 280g cake flour
- 2 tsp double action baking powder
- 250g butter
- 180g sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3 lemon zest
- 5 tbsp yogurt
- ½ lemon's juice
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 2 lemon's juice
- 1 tbsp Matcha Powder
- 125g White Chocolate Chips
- Dash of Milk
- Sift flour with baking powder in a bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar in another bowl until pale and fluffy.
- Add in egg one at a time, then lemon zest and juice, mix well.
- Fold in the flour and yogurt until well combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased cake tin.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180C for 50 mins.
- Mix sugar and lemon juice over low heat till sugar dissolved.
- Remove cake from the oven once it's done.
- Prick all over the cake with a skewer.
- Brush the lemon glaze over the hot cake and let cool.
- Melt white chocolate chips over a double boiler.
- Sift in matcha powder, and mix well.
- Add some milk for your desired consistency.
- Pour matcha glaze over the bundt cake.
- Top with berries, chopped nuts, coconut flakes and matcha kitkat.
Voila! What a beautiful cake to share – or keep it all for yourself.
Love this recipe? If yes, then don't forget to: