Another week is about to end and we’ve decided to celebrate with a new and exciting recipe - Vegan Matcha Chocolate Chip Muffins by Tess Begg.
A super talented vegan recipe creator, Tess is a regular recipe contributor who publishes her amazing collection of vegan desserts and food here:
This recipe for Green Tea Choc Chip Muffin creates perfect treats for the weekend that are vegan, free of oil and refined sugar. SO they’re guilt free too!
The recipe is extremely easy to make. You’ll definitely enjoy the lingering earthy sweetness of matcha complemented by the last-long bitter sweetness of chocolate. These two always make for tastiness on the tongue when paired together.
Matcha Chocolate Chip Vegan Muffins
- 1 cup plain flour
- ⅓ cup spelt flour – sub it for plain flour if you don’t have this
- 1 tsp Kenko Tea matcha powder – adjust to suit your taste
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup desiccated coconut – sub it for almond meal if you please
- ¼ cup unrefined cane sugar – or your choice of sugar
- ¼ cup brown rice malt syrup – or your choice of sugar
- ⅔ cup almond milk – or any plant-based milk
- 1 flax egg - 1 tbsp flax meal + 2 tbsp water, mix together & set aside to thicken
- ½ cup dairy-free chocolate chips + more for the topping
Mix both flours, matcha, baking powder & desiccated coconut together
- Mix the sugar, malt syrup & flax egg in a separate bowl
- Mix the two mixtures together until combined
- Add in the milk and chocolate chips, Mixed until uniformly even
- Scoop the mixture into a muffin tin lined with muffin liners
- Top with more choc chips
- Bake at 180 C for 20-25 mins
- Drizzle with melted choc chips & enjoy the tasty goodness
Enjoy the video below for more pro tips.
Love to see more posts like this? You can:
Liquid error: internal