It’s Wednesday - the hump day that means we’re halfway there!
Today at Kenko Tea we have a nice, simple recipe that will lift your day and turbo charge you toward the weekend: presenting Vegan Raw Matcha Green Tea Lime Cake by the lovely Kaylee aka @broccoli_maybe.
Kaylee is from Wellington in New Zealand where she creates delicious vegan recipes and shares her good food journeys on Instagram.
Her Matcha Lime Vegan Cake is super simple to make. The combination of the nutty crunch of cashews and almonds with bittersweet matcha and sweet coconut make for a delicious cake, with the subtle citrus hint of lime taking it to the next level.
So, what are we still waiting for? Let’s start blending!
Green Tea Matcha Lime Vegan Cake
- 1 ½ cup cashews
- ¾ cup dates
- ½ cup almonds
- 2 Tbsp dried coconut
- ½ cup lime juice
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3/4 tsp matcha
- Coconut chips / flowers for decoration
- Soak cashews in cold water overnight
- Soak dates in warm water for 15 mins, then drain
- Blend dates, almonds and desiccated coconut in the food processor until fine & uniform
- Press the mixture firmly into an 8-inch spring-form pan or smaller individual tins until well compacted & even
Refrigerate the base to set *can be made the day before!
Blend cashews, lime juice, lime zest, coconut oil, coconut milk & maple syrup until smooth & creamy *scrape down the sides as needed.
- Pour mixture onto the base, spread evenly
- Sprinkle with lime zest, coconut chips and/or flowers
- Freeze for about 30 mins before serving.
This homemade Matcha Lime Cake is definitely the healthy and satisfying dessert for a family gathering. Give it a try and let us know how you like it. Enjoy!
Want more posts like this? Here what you can do: