It’s a brand new week and here at Kenko we’d like to kick things off with a luscious matcha recipe from a superstar guest baker.
Let’s welcome Linda from The Baker Who Kerns and her splendid recipe Matcha Cashew Filling Chocolate Cookie Sandwich.
Linda is a graphic designer from NYC who taught herself to bake and cook to mix things up a bit. She enjoys sharing her learning process with others on her blog and social media channels, where you can see all her amazing creations:
Linda’s Matcha Choco Cookie Sandwiches are both vegan and sugar-free, which makes them a healthy yet super satisfying treat that’s easy to make. Share them with friends and family, or have them all to yourself.
Choco Cookie Matcha Cashew Fillings Sandwich
*All pictures are credited to Linda @thebakerwhokerns
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 1/2 tsp matcha powder
- Mix maple syrup, coconut oil & vanilla extract in a medium bowl, set aside
- Whisk cinnamon, salt, baking powder, cocoa powder, brown rice flour & tapioca flour in another bowl
- Mix well the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until fully incorporated
- Let sit for 2 mins to allow the baking powder to react a bit and thicken the batter
- Scoop 1 tbsp of cookie dough on baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake for 10 minutes at 190°C or 325°F in a preheated oven
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool for at least 15 mins
For the filling, blend cashews and almond milk until smooth
- Add in gently matcha powder until the filling is fully mixed and green.
- Scoop the filling into a piping bag with a decorating tip attached (I used a star tip) or just cut the tip of the bag
- Pipe some filling on the underside of the cooled cookie (the side touches the baking sheet) and top with the other cookie*
- Repeat with remaining cookies and chill until ready to serve**!
* When piping, start from the center and then formed a circle around the cookie.
** After a while the cashew filling does tend to brown on the edges lose the bright green. If you are looking for presentation I would recommend filling these cookies right before you serve them. If you find that the filling ended up browning a bit just pipe in some more filling over it to hide it!
These Matcha Cashew Filling Chocolate Cookie Sandwiches sport a brilliant blend of nutty cashew flavour paired with the bittersweet tang of matcha and chocolate. We hope you enjoy trying them out!
Love more posts like this? Here what you can do: