Today we have a wonderful matcha dessert recipe for you to try from the super talented Laura Painter, aka Lee, from @vegan_naturalee. She has created this spectacular vegan raw matcha chocolate recipe: Tri-Coloured Matcha Chocolate Vegan Treats.
Laura is a creative recipe developer from the Gold Coast of Australia who is passionate about growing, preparing, eating and sharing clean food.
These awesome raw green tea chocolate treats are super easy and simple to make. There are no detailed measurements for the ingredients, so you can have fun and play with it - the measurements depend on how sweet and strong a matcha flavour you want to have.
These raw treats are beautiful with three layers of colors. They are also vegan, raw, dairy free, sugar free and mouthwatering!
Raw matcha chocolate tri-colored vegan treats
- Raw cocoa butter
- Kenko Tea organic matcha powder
- Rice malt syrup
- Homemade coconut butter*
- Raw cacao powder
* Homemade coconut butter: Blend some unsweetened desiccated coconut in high speed blender until smooth, creamy. Make sure to scrape the side down!
Note: No measuring went on here just a bit of this and a bit of that, depending on your preference of sweetness and matcha flavor too - Experience pays off when experimenting!
- Grate and melt some raw cocoa butter over a double boiler
- Separate the melted cocoa butter into 3 portions
- Mix matcha powder and rice malt syrup in 1 portion
- Pour in each chocolate mould for the 1st layer
- Pop it in the freezer to set
- Blend the 2nd portion of cocoa butter with coconut butter for the 2nd layer
- Pour on the 1st layer & set in the freezer
- Mix the last cocoa butter with raw cacao & a little rice malt syrup for the last layer
- Set it on top of 2nd layer & pop it back to the freezer
Voila! Aren’t they gorgeous? Give it a try and let us know how much fun you have!
Love this post? Then, please don’t forget to