It’s Wednesday – hump day and half way to the weekend!
To give the last few days of your working week an extra boost, at Kenko Tea we’ve got a fabulous, healthy, clean energy-boosting treat to share: Matcha Fudge Protein Bars by lovely Jennifer Haughton from Nutty Nutrition!
Jennifer is a qualified Nutritionist and Personal Trainer based in Dublin, Ireland, with a passion for cooking and baking. She’s on a mission to prove that healthy eating doesn’t have to be bland and boring – you can see more of her awesome creations here:
Jennifer’s green tea fudge energy bars are super clean and healthy and make the perfect pre or post workout snack. The recipe is vegan, sugar free and dairy free, and the finished products contain tonnes of antioxidants that are great for the body.
Best of all, the recipe is very easy with minimal cooking involved – giving you more time to enjoy eating them!
Matcha Fudge Protein Bars
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 cup oats
- 8 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp matcha powder
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp honey/agave syrup
- 4 squares of dark chocolate (optional)
- Grind the oats into flour using a blender
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl: vanilla protein, ground oats and matcha powder
- Add wet ingredients in a smaller bowl: almond milk, almond butter, coconut oil and agave
- Heat wet mixture over a pot of boiling water, stirring regularly until combined
- Pour wet mixture over dry mixture
- Fold all until the liquid is soaked up and have the fudge-like, slightly sticky consistency
- Add more milk if the mixture is too dry, or more ground oats if it is too sticky
- Line a baking dish or tupperware container with greaseproof paper
- Transfer the mixture to the container and smooth out to create an even layer
- Leave in the fridge to set for an hour
- Melt some dark chocolate over a pot of boiling water
- Remove the bars from the fridge and cut into portions
- Use the back of a spoon to drizzle on top of your bars
- Leave for a few minutes till the chocolate has hardened
- Serve and enjoy :)
Voila! These Matcha Fudge Protein Bars are delicious and healthy and will give your week an energy boost.
Want more posts like this? Then please remember to