Easter is just around the corner, which calls for a feast with the family. It’s the time to get together and enjoy delicious food, go down to the Royal Easter Show and hide eggs in the garden for the children to find.
And in celebration of all things chocolate, we have a delightful recipe for you today, from Melissa Tee aka @tsymelissa - it’s her gorgeous Matcha Oreo Cheesecake Bars.
Melissa is from Malaysia but went to school in Singapore before moving to Sydney to continue her studies. A true matcha fanatic, Melissa also can't resist the temptation to sprinkle some matcha powder into everything that she bakes.
Melissa learned to bake when she was young and has created many inspiring recipes over the years. Her other hobbies are cafe-hopping and food photography, while also reviewing restaurants and cafes she frequents.
Visit Melissa and her amazing journey of food at:
Melissa’s Oreo Green Tea Cheesecake Bars recipe is super simple to make as all you need to do is mix, beat and bake! The combination of the earthly matcha and sweet oreos is a classic style of Kenko Tea’s dessert recipes.
Each element complements the other flavours, creating the perfect taste. These bars are also mini bite-sized which makes them the perfect dessert to share at any party. So let’s get some matcha, oreos and start mixing!
Green Tea Oreo Cheesecake Bars
- 24 Oreo cookies
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 250g cream cheese, room temperature
- 130g granulated white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 Tbsp Matcha powder, according to taste
- Preheat oven to 160C/350F. Line a 20x20cm baking pan with parchment paper.
- Process Oreo cookies in a food processor until fine crumbs.
- Add melted butter into cookies crumbs and mix well.
- Press crumbs into an even layer and bake for 10 mins. Let it cool.
- Beat the cream cheese on medium speed using a paddle attachment until smooth.
- Add in sugar and beat until incorporated.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in matcha powder, sour cream and vanilla extract until incorporated.
- Pour batter over the baked crust, then bake again until edges are set with a slightly jiggly centre for about 25 mins.
- Cool till room temperature, then cover the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
Voila! These delicious and beautiful Oreo Matcha Cheesecake Bars are perfect for Easter Sunday. Enjoy!!
If you enjoy Kenko Tea, please continue to support us by: