Once in awhile, we all want something sweet to help lift our mood and for the new week we have a perfect treat for those stressful days.
The recipe of this week isDouble Matcha Frosting Cupcakes shared by Joanne Sun, aka @joannesun17.
Joanne is originally from Taiwan but moved to New Zealand when she was 11 years old. Joanne has always been interested in delicious sweets and seeing people enjoy her desserts has given her the inspiration to keep inventing new recipes. Joanne studied Human Nutrition at university for three years which motivated her to combine a healthy lifestyle with her delicious creations.
Joanne’s mum was diagnosed breast cancer when Joanne was completing her studies and it upset her to see her mum unable to eat her favorite sweets anymore. Wanting to make her mother happy, Joanne worked hard at creating healthier dessert recipes with the belief that anyone who wants to enjoy life’s sweetness can still maintain a healthy diet.
Check out Joanne and her gorgeous baking artworks on instagram!
Joanne’s story of dessert creation is an inspirational one to share, and when you bite into one of her matcha cupcakes, you won’t be disappointed. They are perfectly moist and soft in texture, and packed with antioxidant-packed and L-theanine-rich matcha. Add a bit of zen to your stressful days!
Double Matcha Green Tea Frosting Cupcakes
- ¾ cup plain flour
- ¼ cup of matcha powder
- ⅓ cup caster Sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 80g soft butter (or 60g butter + 20g vegetable oil for a softer cupcake texture )
- ½ cup of milk
- 2 medium size eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 160C. Prepare the muffin tray with cupcake liners.
- Sift all dry ingredients into a mixing bowl, mix to combine.
- Add in the remaining ingredients.
- Beat on low speed with electric mixer until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin tray until half full.
- Baked in the preheated oven for 20-25 mins.
Matcha Buttercream Icing
- 2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tsp matcha powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Beat the butter into light and creamy texture.
- Sift both sugar and matcha into the butter, beat well.
- Add vanilla extract and mix to combine until smooth.
- Pour into a piping bag fitted with your choice of nozzles.
- Pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes in your own style.
Voila! Pack these up and take to work to share some zen with your fellow colleagues.
If you don’t want to miss out anything from us, then: