Cupcakes are the perfect dessert for any party. They’re easy to make yet super delicious and difficult to resist! Cupcakes can be made with various yummy flavors like vanilla, chocolate, pineapple, red velvet, and of course matcha green tea.
Today we have a new matcha recipe to share with you at Kenko Tea:Matcha Buttercream Frosting Cupcakes by the lovely Tara Poole, also known as@poolie80.
Tara is a teacher from Sydney who is always keen to try new things. On a recent trip to Hong Kong, Tara tried matcha, fell in love with it and began experimenting with it for her passion in life - baking.
You can visit Tara and see her lovely baking creations through herinstagram.
Tara’s green tea cupcakes are moist, fluffy, and earthy, and perfectly paired with sweet buttercream frosting. You will definitely surprise and impress everyone at your good time gatherings with these adorable cupcakes!
Buttercream Frosting Matcha Green Tea Cupcakes
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 tsp matcha, plus more for garnish
- 4 tbsp (½ stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup milk, at room temperature
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Matcha Oreos for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 180 C, line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners
- Sift together all the dry ingredients in a small bowl, set it aside
- Beat the butter + sugar on a medium-high speed until light and fluffy (3-5 mins)
- Mix in the egg on a medium speed until combined, scraping down the sides if needed
- Add flour + milk to the mixture, mix until just combined on a low speed
- Divide the batter evenly among lined cups, filling each cup up to about halfway
- Bake until they spring back at the touch or a tester inserted comes out clean (16 mins)
- Rotate the tray halfway through to cook evenly
- Let cool in the tin for 5 mins, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely
- Cream sugar + unsalted butter until it is a smooth consistency
- Spread or pipe the frosting top of each cupcake
- Break the Oreos in half & top them on the cupcakes.
These cupcakes are bound to impress - enjoy!
Would you love to see more? Then don’t forget to: