You can dip them in milk, sandwich them with ice cream, stack them like a cake, or just simply devour the dough itself.
Can you guess what we’re talking about? It’s chocolate chip cookies of course!
Imagine a batch of toasty cookies fresh from the oven, filling your kitchen with a delicious aroma. That certainly sounds drool worthy to us.
This week at Kenko Matcha we have a new guest and her delectable cookie recipe: Matcha Dark Chocolate Chips Cookies by Ashley Charzuk aka @kaos_kult_painting
Ashley is from Albuquerque, New Mexico. She loves graffiti designing, miniature painting and cooking for her loved ones. She has been a matcha fan for awhile and enjoys baking with this amazing green powder.
Ashley's matcha cookies are paleo and are without sugar or gluten. They are healthy and super easy to make. The earthy flavor of matcha pairs well with the dark chocolate chips, bringing your favorite chocolate chip cookies to a brand new level of deliciousness.
Matcha Chocolate Chips Cookies
- Preparation: 10 minutes
- Baking: 12 minutes
- Total time: 22 minutes
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda (substitute with 1 tsp tapioca flour if need be)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp Matcha powder
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg (for vegans, substitute the egg with ¼ cup water and arrowroot at a 1:1 ratio)
- 3 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup dairy free cacao nibs, or your favorite dark chocolate! We used Trader Joes chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (175C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil
Mix matcha, almond flour, baking soda + salt in a large bowl until combined
- Mix in coconut oil, egg, agave nectar + vanilla extract by hand as electric mixers can get too messy & the consistency can come out slightly different
- Mix the chocolate chips into the dough until they are evenly distributed
- Arrange, evenly apart, spoon-sized round balls of dough on the prepared baking sheet
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and let your cookies cool before enjoying or storing*
*Store in a closed container. The cookies will last for about 5-7 days refrigerated and about 3-4 days in open air.
The cookies are the perfect treat to share with your loved ones. Enjoy these little sweetnesses!
Love baking with matcha? Get more by: